Pasłęk

We will now stop over for a short while in the small town of Pasłęk. It was granted city rights by the Teutonic Knights in 1297. One of the first settlers were Dutchmen who were brought here to drain the marshes. Almost all the town fortifications have survived, including the towers. Another object worth seeing is the St. Bartholomew church, built in the early 14th century. However, the style of the interior is neo-Gothic. The Teutonic castle was rebuilt in the 1960s.